Are you ever doing a sequel to Iowa Nice?
Since the moment Iowa Nice exploded onto the scene, people have wanted its follow up. Paul and I are very hesitant to pull out the ‘Iowa Nice Guy’ character again unless the script, cause, and timing are all good enough. We have written a handful of sequels, but when it comes to deciding to produce, we conclude that these three elements don’t meet the Iowa Nice standard.
However, I would recommend you stay tuned, for we are very close.
What’s going on with Valentine Road?
This project is at the top of our list to produce. However, while filming Valentine Road: Prologue last year it was evident that VR would require a much larger sum of money to complete than originally thought due to the time period the story takes place in. We made the difficult yet necessary decision to put this project on hold.
Our path to completing VR is through producing other great stories (like Marooned) that prove to “the industry” we are worth investing in.
In the meantime, we will be releasing Valentine Road: Prologue via our YouTube Channel in the coming weeks.
What’s the deal with Marooned and when can I see it?
The very funny pilot episode is completed and we are in the process of finding a “buyer” for the series. Because of the big names and production studios we are courting, we are currently keeping the wide exposure to the completed episode to a minimum. Your next opportunity to see the completed pilot is at the Landlock Film Festival in Iowa City.
As soon as we close the deal on producing the first season, you all will be the first to know!
Will there be a third season on Iowa Outdoors?
The hope is YES, but in this industry nothing is for certain until a contract is signed, which at this point has not occurred. I have more confidence in the future of show since our EMMY nomination last week (we find out if we take home the EMMY on September 29th). This should help the show continue into 2013 and beyond.
What other projects are you working on?
1) There is BIG career changing news coming very soon about one of the members of Iowa Filmmakers, though I have no comment on which one of the three of us it is at this time.
2) In late September, we will be releasing our new campy web series called Animal Justice League about two unorthodox hero’s who rescue adorable animals from great villainous overlords.
3) In early October, I am expecting to release my first single. It’s a cheesy love song I wrote called Colby Jack. A video for the song will follow sometime after that.
4) We are currently developing a new history series that will be focusing on Iowa’s great stories. There are very few details available at this point but I can say that I am very excited to explore history and be able to retell it our unique Iowa Filmmakers’ way.
5) My TEDxDesMoines Talk rekindled my love for public speaking. I have already booked a couple speeches and have more on the horizon. While my schedule currently won’t allow for acting or directing in the theater, this will hopefully hold me over until I can return to the stage.