Since my last blog entry there has been a up tick in progress that our film company, Iowa Filmmakers, has made. With the release of Hawkeye Nice and Cyclone Nice, ESPN’s Dari Nowkhah and Baron Miller took note and asked us to produce original content twice a week for the ESPNU show College Football Daily. You can view all these here.
This ESPN development resulted in not only national exposure but local interest as well. The CBS affiliates in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids each did stories on the progress we have been making as a film company and what our plans are for the future.
So what are our plans for the future?
1) We have released our new web series, a campy comedy called “Animal Justice League.” You can watch it now by clicking HERE. We are already in the pre-production stage for episode two.
2) Though we are committed to staying in Iowa, we are looking to get representation to enlarge the reach of Iowa Filmmakers through the country and the world. More on this to come soon.
3) Our TV pilot, Marooned, is still the flagship project of Iowa Filmmakers. We are pursuing a distribution model that allows us to produce the entirety of season one.
4) Exciting news to announce that company member and my good friend, Brendan Dunphy, has signed deals to host a variety of science based television shows with both Discover Science and the BBC.
You can check out the first of his Discover Science show, “Insects and the City” on December 8th. In this episode, Brendan travels down to New Orleans to search through the city for the creepiest, deadliest insects around.
Brendan’s BBC specials will be airing shortly as well: One about insect dissection and the other about the ant world.
5) Emmy nominated Iowa Outdoors has now received funding for a THIRD SEASON. I am very excited for this one, it will be our biggest and best yet.
This last month of 2012 will propel us into an even more eventful 2013. Thank you to all those that support three guys with a dream to make dreams come true in Iowa.